Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

In case you couldn’t tell, I am not that big into Halloween…I just don’t really like dressing up and stuff.  BUT I have 2 young boys so I am trying to make a bit of a effort for them, so here is our Halloween so far…

We went to a pre-schooler Halloween party and there was some cute party ideas and food there!  (Please excuse the poor quality pictures…my camera is dying and I haven’t got my new Canon yet!)

DSC03522

The cake that I made…it was supposed to be a graveyard cake but it just didn’t happen.  Instead I put these cute mice on it…gummy mice!

DSC03521

Hand and eyeball juice

DSC03528

Halloween Cake pops

DSC03529

And some of the cute games and crafts (crafts were a coloring page, decorating cookies and painting pumpkins)

DSC03530DSC03534

Bobbin’ for Bones

Pin the Face on the Pumpkin

Then at home we carved and painted pumpkins and decorated the front porch.  I don’t have a good picture of the porch yet as it was raining last night, so I’ll get one tonight and share it tomorrow.  Smile

DSC03553DSC03554DSC03555

The SCARRRRRYYYYY pumpkins my husband and I carved (Munchkin 1 picked out what to carve)

And of course, I turned this…

DSC03544

into this delicious goodness!

DSC03556

Have you ever baked your pumpkin seeds?!?  It is so easy and they taste awesome! 

Roasting Pumpkin Seeds

  • Right when you clean the pumpkin guts out of the pumpkins sort the seeds out from it into a collinder.  Do this before the slimy guts can dry onto the seeds, makes it so much easier.
  • Rinse the seeds clean with cold water
  • I dry mine slightly in a clean dish towel and put them in a bowl. 
  • Put a little bit of Olive oil and some seasoning (I use a sea salt spice, so some pepper, garlic, onion…)
  • Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 325F.  Give them a stir around every 10 minutes and keep an eye on them after 20 minutes, watch for them to brown but not too much or they will be burnt.
  • Cool and store in an air tight container for several months…not that they will last that long!

That is the extent of our Halloween celebrations.  I may do some Halloween stickers and coloring with the boys today but the only other plans we have is to go Trick or Treating!  My oldest told me that he want to go to “5 houses, is that OK mom?  That is a lot of candy!!”  Hmm, probably won’t actually be able to do that but once the baskets are full that is it!  Open-mouthed smile

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

2 comments:

  1. The bobbin for bones look like so much fun! Great job on the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wilme, I love carving pumpkins but couldn't get too elaborate this year...sore arm and impatient kids. I'm not sure where Darcy got the bobbin' for Bones idea but W loved it...and O liked to play in the water.

    ReplyDelete