Saturday, October 1, 2011

National Coffee Day

Ok, so this was meant to be posted on Thursday which was National Coffee Day but I got side tracked by a showing of our house and then we decided to have a last minute Thanksgiving at our house (which I tried an awesome Chantilly Pumpkin Pie recipe!).  So anyway, here is the post!  :)

I don't know about most of you out there but I LOOOOOVVVEEE coffee.  I like brewed, french press, peculated, specialty...you name it...coffee.  And I recently came across 2 cupcake recipes that I just had to try - Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcakes and Vanilla Latte cupcakes (I had them saved in my Pinterest...I love that site!  Check it out if you haven't already).  So of course I had to make them.  :)




Don't these look Delicious! 




Mmmm, the ones below are the Vanilla Latte ones, I made them a bit different.  Instead of coffee liquior I used vanilla syrup and I put sweetened whip cream on them with some vanilla latte powder and a chocolate covered coffee bean.  These took a little longer to cook than normal cupcakes, it was about 14 minutes for the mini ones and 22 minutes for the big ones.



The next ones are the Pumpkin Spice Latte ones and they were delicious!  I basically followed the recipe for these, the mini ones took 12 minutes and the large ones took 18 minutes.  These ones were also a bit lighter than the vanilla ones.



I packaged a few of them up all pretty like (Well, pretty for me as I am not good with the whole paper crafts although I plan to try more) and played cupcake fairy!  I love giving things like this away as I don't need them all but I love to bake...plus it is like Paying if Forward, if you do something nice for someone then they do something nice for another person...and so on and so on.  You make someones day and eventually if all comes back around to you.  (Just like the other day, I was getting a Timmy's coffee and the person in front of me paid for my coffee...so nice and unexpected!)

Enjoy the rest of you weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment