Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 Christmas House Tour

I meant to post this a long time ago…like 20 days ago…but just got so busy and forgot! (-:

I didn’t do too much decorating this year, quite toned down as we have our house listed to sell.  Here is my decorating…(some of the lighting in the pictures is bad as we have BIG south facing windows that let in too much sun sometimes.)

DSC03671  DSC03670

See my HO HO HO sign, it is on my pantry door.  And can you see the cute picture of Santa handing my oldest a present…his face in the picture is a-dor-able!  I have a series of 3 pictures that show that and it is so cute!!  (He was only 6 months old – 3 short years ago)

DSC03673      DSC03674

Lighting is bad in the one picture but there are snow flakes my oldest made hanging off the chandler and you can see the advent calendar on each side of the windows.  I also made my table center piece on a tray so that it can be easily moved to the side for meals and when my kids did crafts and other messy things.

DSC03681               DSC03726

My fireplace, which is seriously lacking a mantel but I make do.  And my entryway/stairs up.  I finally found some battery operated lights to put on my bannisters since there are no outlets near them.

DSC03808        DSC03819DSC03818

Our Christmas tree is in our bonus room, along with 2 of my favorite decorations.  A snowman in a shadow box and Santa and Mrs.Claus (they dance they you squeeze their hands).  The bonus room is also the boys playroom (in case you are wondering about the nice wall decals…LOL)

It wouldn’t be complete without some pictures showing the lights.

DSC03676   DSC03677DSC03678    DSC03682DSC03807  

And as we emptied the Advent Calendar I added the holiday cards to the strings.  I think that it displayed all the cards quite nicely this year.

DSC03721   DSC03722

  I’ll be back once or twice next week for some quick posts but otherwise spending the time with my family and friends.  Stay tuned in the New Year for my resolutions and some projects I have coming up!

Merry Christmas Everyone!  I hope that everyone has a safe and joy holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment