Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

 

I made the most delicious cookies a few days ago!  I was looking at a recipe that seemed to be getting pinned a lot but when I read the ingredients it just didn’t sound like the greatest recipe to me…but the craving was stuck by then so a googling I went.

After looking at about 10 different recipes, and reading some of the reviews, I settled on the following recipe -

18101

The picture and recipe are from this link - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-peanut-butter-cookies/

I made a few modifications which are;

  • I used 50/50 butter and margarine (you can buy it like that, great for cookies as I never use shortening in cookies, only pie crusts)
  • I put in extra oatmeal, added about 1/2 cup.
  • I put in chocolate chips, between 1 cup and 1/2 cup

Watch them carefully while you they cook, they burned a bit in my crappy oven (which is why I don’t have a picture).  Does anyone else hate their oven…mine is horrible!  (Come on house, sell and take one stress off me and then I will be able to get a new stove!)

 

Try them, they are delicious…would probably be good with crunchy peanut butter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment